Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year everyone.
   I have made it through 4 chapters of Learn C on the Mac. I learned about functions, function declarations, and function prototypes and the printf() function of C's stdio which is included in most if not all of the programs in this book in the form of #include . I've also been using another book as reference while I've been going through this one, C for Dummies, which I've using more as a supplement for programming exercises because C for the Mac seems to lack enough exercises. Of course I am having to ignore some of the content because its geared toward dos. Also when it starts a program it starts with void main() instead of int main() or int main (int argc, const char * argv[]). At the moment though I don't understand the difference betweenint main() or int main (int argc, const char * argv[]), but I am sure I will find. Normally I am very OCD and I would have googled it already but I am trying not to go off on too many tangents.
   Well I made a New Year resolution regarding this my programming in that I decided to spend at least 2 1/2 to 3 hours every day either programming or going through my books in order to become the best programmer that I can be.
   I guess that is all for now, wish me luck and if you have any helpful tips they are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment